Large Pores - Definition, Treatment and Home Remedies
A pore is an opening for a sebaceous oil gland. The large pores makes easy to oil and dead skin to sits inside of them. Large pores are caused by two things: genetics and age. As we get older, the elasticity in the skin decreases, which causes pores to dilate.
Large pores are more common in the T-zone and occur most often on those with oily skin. Though not always, large pores and blackheads tend to go hand in hand.
Treatment of large pores:-
The effective treatments for large pores are as:-
- Alpha Hydroxy acid:- The use an Alpha Hydroxy Acid helps in regenerating the cells under the skin as well as gently sloughing off the top layers. The regeneration of these cells causes them to expand under the skin, therefore causing the skin to become tighter looking.
- At night and in the morning, deep cleanse the skin very well. After cleansing use a astringent for deep removal of all oils and bacteria that may remain on skin after cleansing.
- Retinol: It helps in providing strengthen to the elastin and collagen below the surface of the skin, helping pores appear smaller and tighter.
Beta Hydroxy Acids: It exfoliate the skin and work to remove impurities from pores.
Home remedies For Large Pores:
- Sugar Scrub: The ingredients used as:- 1 Tablesoon each of sugar, olive oil and honey.
Wet face, apply scrub by rubbing very gently in a circular motion. Remove with water with hands only.
- Egg White Mask: Mix 2 egg whites with a few drops of lemon juice. Apply on face and leave on for 5-7 minutes, then rinse with hands.
Note: As egg whites dry, they linghten the skin and pull debris out of pores. Lemon is a natural fruit acid which also helps to exfoliate.
- Mix almond meal with enough water to make a paste. Apply to pores for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water, then apply withch hazel or a solution of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Add lemon juice and a little milk to oatmeal. Apply the paste and remove after 20 minutes with water. Do not use if there are eruptions.
- Use a gentle cleanser. Oily skin doesn't need industrial- strength cleansing to be shine- free.
- Avoid soap, for it can cause rebound oiliness, and rob your skin of its natural moisture.