Botox - How Does Botox Works and What are its Advantages
Botox is a protein, used in very small doses to treat various muscle disorders of the eye. It works by blocking the release of chemical transmitters that stimulate muscles, keeping muscles from contracting.
Botox is the brand name of a toxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. Botox injections are the fastest-growing cosmetic procedure in the industry. The cosmetic form of botulinum toxin, often referred to by its product name Botox, is a popular non-surgical injection that temporarily reduces or eliminates frown lines, forehead creases, crows feet near the eyes and thick bands in the neck. The toxin blocks the nerve impulses, temporarily paralyzing the muscles that cause wrinkles while giving the skin a smoother, more refreshed appearance.
How Does Botox Work:
Botox blocks signals from the nerves to the muscles. The injected muscle can no longer contract, which causes the wrinkles to relax and soften. When injected into the muscle, Botox temporarily prohibits the muscle from contracting.
Advantages of Botox:
The most important advantages of botox are as:-
- There are many advantages of Botox injections for treating facial lines. The results of it remains last for about 3 to 6 months. With time you will forget, or unlearn, to make the excessive facial expressions which causes the lines to form.
- There are no incisions and no scarring.
- The injection of botox are perfect for those, who wants to see the benefits of plastic surgery, but not the complications that come with it.
- It is one of the most easily administered and highly effective deep wrinkle treatments, and because of efficacy and moderate affordability, Botox is becoming mainstream.
- There is no need to perform allergic testing, because Botox is not derived from animal protein.
- Wrinkles can be prevented with almost no pain, bruising or swelling, and at a fraction of the cost of a brow lift or facial resurfacing.
- Smoothes out appearance of dynamic wrinkles to soften expression lines
- It takes little time to recovery.
- The botox treatments are a therapeutic muscle-relaxing agent that works at motor nerve endings i.e. nerves that lead to muscles.
- Botox cosmetic is a drug used for the temporary improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe glabellar lines. These frown lines come from muscles called corrugator and/or procerus muscles.
- Botox injections treatments, are successfully used to treat blepharospasm and strabismus.
- The effects of Botox treatments are not permanent, reportedly lasting anywhere from three to eight months. By injecting the toxin directly into a certain muscle or muscle group, the risk of the Botox injection treatments spreading to other areas of the body is greatly diminished.