Skin Nourishing - Nourishing your Skin with Essential Vitamins and Minerals
If you eat well to feel good, you'll be happy to learn that the benefits of a balanced diet. Skin requires a variety of vitamins and nutrients to keep it healthy, glowing and youthful.
Five Skin Nutrients:-
- Vitamin A.
- Vitamin C.
- Vitamin D.
- Vitamin E.
Vitamin A, in the right balance is necessary since a lack or excess of it can cause dry, rough and unattractive skin. Vitamin A also helps to reduce production of pore-clogging oil. It occurs naturally in carrots, sweet potatoes, peaches and endive.
Vitamins C and E, are useful antioxidants that inactivate free radical components that would otherwise do great harm. Vitamin C also helps the body make collagen. This protein creates connective tissues and keeps skin looking youthful by helping to prevent sags and bags. Vitamin E is valuable not only as an antioxidant, but also because of its healing properties.
Vitamin D, is an antioxidant and anti-carcinogen, and can be applied topically. Be careful, however, as it is toxic in large amounts. Extreme exposure to the sun's rays can cause damage, yet our bodies actually require sunlight to keep skin healthy. The body forms vitamin D in part by interaction with sunlight.
Zinc, is pivotal in maintaining healthy skin because it helps vitamin C to make collagen and supports the tissue-rebuilding action of vitamin A. A deficiency in this mineral has also been linked to dermatitis.
Basic Skin Care Includes Healthy Living:-
- Drink water throughout the day to hydrate your body.
- Eat nutritionally rich meals that include lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Make exercise a daily part of your life.
- Sweet juicy fruits such as pears, grapes, watermelon and mangoes both nourish and cleanse. Fresh ginger, cilantro, mint and basil add flavor and aromas to dishes without aggravating Pitta dosha.
- Give your body time to regenerate by sleeping at least 7 hours a night.
- Eat Pitta-balancing fruits, vegetables and herbs, which supply the skin with essential nutrients and come with free-radical fighting antioxidant properties while they help keep your skin cool. Carrots, lettuce, summer squash such as zucchini, celery, asparagus and leafy greens are good vegetable choices.
- Get plenty of quality rest each night. Keep your bedroom cool, dark and comfortable and sleep on cotton or linen sheets. Get to bed early and awaken early for clear healthy skin and sparkling eyes.