Eyebrow Plucking Tips
The eyebrow is a bony ridge above the eye , found in humans and other primates. The function of the eyebrows is to prevent debris such as dandruff and other small objects from falling into the eyes, as well as providing sense of something near the eye, such as an insect and prevent water or sweat from dripping into the eye.
Tips for eyebrow plucking:-
- Make sure you have plenty of light in the room when you are plucking.
- To pluck eyebrows, first apply an astringent such as witch hazel to anaesthetize the brow area.
- If the hairs are excessively long, it is perfectly okay to trim them with manicure scissors.
- First take out any stray hairs in the middle bit above your nose. It will help you get used to the feeling of plucking the hair because it is usually less sensitive here than above the eyes.
- Brush your eyebrows into place. It's also a good idea to tautly hold the skin right above the brow as you begin to tweeze-that will slightly reduce the pain of plucking.
- Starting on the inside of the brow, gradually tweeze the bottom of your brow until the outer corner is half the width of the inner corner of the brow.
- Pluck hairs in the direction that they grow. Doing so will keep the hairs smooth and will hurt less.
- Start plucking from underneath the eyebrow, working from the inside, by the nose, to the outside.
- Use sharp, good quality tweezers, or the hairs will break off instead of pulling out, which could lead to infection.
- After plucking a few hairs, always stop to look at what you have done. You may be over-plucking and you might not even realize it.
How to pluck your eyebrows:-
These includes the following steps:-
- To pluck eyebrow, first apply an astringent such as witch hazel to anaesthetize the brow area.
- Brush your brow into it's natural shape with a toothbrush, old mascara wand or eyebrow brush.
- Don't pluck above your eyebrows, it will look strange.
- Don't over-pluck, or you'll have to draw them on and will end up looking permanently surprised.
- Use a pair of angled eyebrow tweezers to pluck the hairs below the brow; never shape your brow by plucking above it. Pluck only one hair at a time.
- Rub some soothing cream onto the area afterwards.